Friday, October 24, 2008

What To Wear

There is something I need those who take care of GK during the day to know. I need them to know that I dress her every day and that I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm okay with not putting stripes and circles, or whatever, together, but colors baffle me.

There's also the fact, though, that she's two, and I don't think it really matters what she wears as long as she's warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

I usually try to warn Kristy when I'm really uncertain about a wardrobe because she is the one who picks GK up in the afternoon and I don't want her to be too surprised by what she might see there. Today, though, I didn't think to tell Kristy because I thought I did okay. I put a brown shirt with purple hearts (thank you, Chloe) and blue pants on her. I found out this evening that this wasn't a good idea.

It's not so much that I stand there and study the choices before deciding on what would look good on her; it's mostly that I have three other kids and they all have to eat and get dressed and have lunches made for them, so that I'm lucky, really, to get a pair of pants and shirt on her and not two shirts or no pants.

So I'm trying, just not very hard because, like I said, she's two.

I should also focus more on her hair, too, probably, but that's a problem for a different day.

6 comments:

Sassy Molassy said...

The pants are periwinkle. Just so you know.

Stephanie said...

I always thought those hearts were pink.

sf said...

She's two & she is cute---you could put her in a suit made of doghair and get away with it. As long as her hair is brushed, yr good.

Blaine Morgan said...

Those women are crazy. As a man, I submit that the aforementioned outfit is perfectly acceptable, and that matching is highly overrated. You go, BD! Do your dang thang!

Em and Lib said...

The fourth child doesn't know matching from not matching - they take what they can get! They far outshine their older sibs in personality - so the outfit doesn't have to be perfect!
Lib

Sassy Molassy said...

Those hearts are pink, Steph. The shoes have the purple hearts.