Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sometimes I Wish That I Could Stop You From Talking

Big Mama and I are going out tonight to see Elvis Costello at the New Daisy. I can't even remember the last concert I went to. Do they start at 6:00 now, so I can get home and to sleep at a decent hour?

I asked The Quartet this morning what their favorite Costello song is and they said they don't know any of the song names. They're a bunch of liars. C asked if he sings "Muhammad Ali" and I said no. He asked if he sings "The Prettiest Waitress" and I said no. That boy breaks my heart.

So they asked me to play a CD on the way to school this morning, which I did because nobody ever asks me to play Elvis Costello. I put in My Aim Is True and we rocked out, as much as you can in a 17-year-old Volvo station wagon, anyway.

I'm looking forward to a night away from the kids and their lying ways, when I'll rock out with friends on Beale Street. As much as a 37-year-old can, anyway.