Monday, April 21, 2008

JPee

I walked out in the front yard yesterday, just in front of where the van was parked, and found JP standing in the driveway, shirtless, shorts down and peeing one of the most impressive arcs I've ever seen while grinning ear to ear.

He was clearly pleased with what he'd accomplished.

I should've stopped him, lectured him on the appropriateness of outdoor urination. But it really was quite impressive.

And, truth is, I was a little jealous. Not of the arc, mind you, I could have peed over him and the van. I was envious of the opportunity, and of the naivete that the front yard might not be the best place to relieve himself.

So I let him finish, which he did in due time, and when he looked over and caught me nearby, instead of a lecture, all I gave him was a thumbs up.