Thursday, April 17, 2008

Four is the New Seven

If you've ever wanted to have your thumbs and fingers ink-smudged while reading something I've written about The Quartet, then you should pick up a copy of today's The Commercial Appeal and read my debut with the column "Because I Said So."

The buzz around The Castilo this morning:

Big Mama: Go steal a neighbor's paper so we can see it! (I did not do this.)

S (upon seeing my mug in the column): Who is that?!

JP: It's good they spelled our last name right.

C (after reading): It's good.

GK: That Daddy! That Daddy!

You can see for yourself HERE.

14 comments:

Chip said...

The beginnings of Alley world domination.

Congrats!

Christa said...

Congratulations! Enjoyed the column as much as I do Urf.

theogeo said...

Yay! Congrats.

Kristy said...

Look out Dave Barry!

Stephanie said...

I'm so proud of you! Great job.

Secret Agent Mom said...

My appreciation of your accomplishment just barely outpaces my envy. Nice work. (Sonofa ...)

Favorite Aunt Carol said...

Very good Richard!!! I am very proud of you and I loved the column.

warren said...

Kudos!

Stacey Greenberg said...

nice work!

did the print version have the "because i said so" header?

Melissa said...

Holy cow. You woke up as a published columnist today.

Congratulations!

sf said...

I usually don't do this but...uhhh... would you sign my blog?---That was great. Dave Barry lookout indeed.

Telika said...

I loved your article in the commercial appeal about children and big families. I have four two boys and two girls ranging in ages from 9 to 3. I am the oldest of 5 my mother is one of 15 my husband is one of 7. Just like you, my husband is satisfied with our four when we once wanted a large family, but I'm not I want two more (in a perfect world twins) when my kids are old enough to help me! lol! So I'll see if I can convince him. I just moved back to Memphis (I'm from IL, lived and went to college in Memphis and then went back to IL now I'm back again) and I am currently freelancing for the Commerical Appeal. I am working on my first assigned article now. Anyway Just wanted to tell you that I lliked reading your column and I look forward to reading more from you or your wife on Thursdays

Stacey Greenberg said...

uh-oh--looks like you have three wives now!

Melvis said...

Sweetness, Bobby and I were thrilled! Keep on writing, we love it.