Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Trivial Pursuit

I have a good friend who attends Trivia Night at the P&H Cafe every Tuesday. She's been trying to get me to go for some time, but with all these kids I'm not allowed to have fun very busy with other priorities. But this morning, as she told me about last night's bout and how her team fared, I realized that I travel everywhere with my own team of six. So I'm considering entering Team Urf! on an upcoming Tuesday. Here are the categories we'll truly dominate in, should these categories even exist:

  • Literature
  • The Simpsons
  • Dictators of the World
  • Bacon
  • Armchair sailing
  • Poop

The entry fee may still be a sticking point, though. This blog currently makes no money whatsoever for this family and we're a little strapped after Christmas, but I have no worries that we will dominate in our fields and, thus, the entire tournament. The winnings should cover the entry fee, most of Kristy's draft beer consumption and The Quartet's affinity for quarter pool and shots.

So let this be a warning to all of you trivia buffs out there. Team Urf! is on the way - we're knowledgeable, hungry and Kristy, at least, is very, very thirsty.