Thursday, November 02, 2006

Goodnight Moon

This is something I've wanted to get down solely for posterity's sake. Consider this just a bit of journaling, if journal were, in fact, a verb. Each night, when it's bedtime, the three older kids each picks out a book for me to read to them. Afterwards, the light is turned out and this is how it goes:

C says
Goodnight, S, I love you
Goodnight, JP, I love you
Goodnight, Daddy, I love you

JP says
Goodnight, S, I love you
Goodnight, C, I love you
Goodnight, Daddy, I love you

S says
Goodnight, JP, I love you
Goodnight, C, I love you
Goodnight, Daddy, I love you

I say
Goodnight, S, I love you
Goodnight, JP, I love you
Goodnight, C, I love you

We all say together
Goodnight, Mommy, we love you
Goodnight, GK, we love you
Goodnight, Maduro*, we love you

This is how I end every day, and no matter how crappy my day was, this makes it better and makes it all worth it.

*Maduro is the dog

3 comments:

Bever said...

continue saying this each night as long as they will let you, when they are grown, you will have very happy memories of this.....

Beverly said...

sorry, my name is Beverly

Stacey Greenberg said...

last night it was:

JP says
Goodnight, Satchel, I love you
Goodnight, Aunt Stacey, I love you
Goodnight, Uncle Warren, I love you
Goodnight, Jiro, please don't bite or hit me in my sleep.