Friday, September 01, 2006

Dad Gone Mad

This isn't the sort of thing I usually do on Urf!, simply blogging about another's blog, but when I came home this evening my kids were here and S ran up to me and gave me a kiss and a hug. If I choose to tonight, I'll read some books to the kids as I did last night and every night this week. And when I wake up tomorrow morning I'll look in on all of them sleeping, wherever they may have ended up in the night.

No matter how much I might complain about not getting enough time alone or my kids and public restrooms or morning time or S, it is all in jest. The truth - the obvious truth - is that I can't imagine being away from The Quartet or Kristy or our friends and family for any extended period of time. I can't imagine being in constant danger and having my family at home worrying for me night and day. And because of men and women like Mike, I don't have to. Go here and read this post and it will all make sense to you.